Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Thank you -Thursday, June 17, 2010

What many do not know is that we are currently guests of the people from whom we rented an apartment.Before we got visas, we only had an elderly friend here, and the option to ask him to rent a motel room for us until we have all the papers done which  takes one month, and we hoped to find some cheap apartment then.
We were quite confident that we will go through stressful transition with a small baby in a motel without transport and unable to rent anything.We were so wrong.
Luckily for us a few days after we received visas my sister told me I should contact her friend from college who moved to Canada many years ago and lives in Kitchener, just to ask him about the things we are concerned - the arrival and the  job.We did find him on facebook and talked , as it turned out they had an apartment to rent us and so we ended up coming to Kitchener.But they also told us (which confirms my thought how people are really really nice here)  that there is no need for us to go to the motel first until the tenant moves out, but to come into their house because  they are already going to sea and vacation.Of course I burst into tears, instead of semi-clean, noisy little room in the motel and bed and food for the baby, I got a place in the house with a garden in the suburbs with a cot and toys for the baby, I can not describe how I felt when we arrived.
They arranged everything for the baby and us, filled the fridge with food and left us their keys and they never met us before in their life.They even organized their friend to take us  to finish our paperwork and get drivers license...
What they did for us erased every bit of the doubt that I came to the right place, and that this is a nice country to live in, and I am endlessly grateful to them for being there for us in our time of need.

No comments: